It’s that time of year, when we spend a lot of time in the yard or garden. My book, “Knock Out Pain: Secrets to Maintaining A Healthy Back”, gives great details to help you prevent back pain during these activities.
Here are some of the tips:
1. Shoe wear
Yard work can put a lot of strain on your feet and legs. Good foot and arch supports can stop some of that strain from affecting your back.
Before you begin any tasks in the yard or garden, always take a few minutes to warm -up your muscles by doing some warm-up exercises. These include walking around the yard briskly for a few minutes or doing jumping jacks. Do a few back and hamstring stretches as well.
3. Drink Lots of Water
To help prevent muscle cramps, spasms and dehydration, adequate hydration will allow your muscles to work efficiently.
LIKE our page and follow me for additional tips next week.
Stay Tuned for Part 2 on Gardening Tip Next Week
Also, please remember to sign up for our monthly tips on our homepage.
If you live in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth Suffolk, or Hampton Roads and are suffering from back pain, our physical therapists, pain management doctor, and spine doctor can help you.
Please contact our nonsurgical doctor in Norfolk or Chesapeake at 757-333-3360 or by clicking here. Together We Strive to Knockout Pain®
More about our spine doctor
Our pain management center and spine doctor provides excellent care in the diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of spinal and orthopedic pain resulting from injuries and other painful conditions such as:
• Spinal Stenosis
• Degenerative Disc Disease
• Herniated Disc (Sciatica)
• Post-Laminectomy Syndrome (failed back syndrome)
• SI Joint Dysfunction
• Facet Syndrome
• Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow
• Myofascial Pain
• Osteoarthritis (hands, knees, hips, shoulder)
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Rotator Cuff Tear
• Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
For more than two decades, we’ve successfully served patients in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Suffolk, and Hampton Roads. Our back doctor and her staff of physical therapists are widely known for treating all musculoskeletal problems from the neck to the foot. Knocking out back pain, chronic neck, shoulder pain, hip pain, knee pain and other health issues is why our patients say these great things about us.
- Tips to Prevent Back Pain When Gardening or Working in the Yard – Part 3 - May 19, 2017
- Tips to Prevent Back Pain When Gardening or Working in the Yard – Part 2 - May 12, 2017
- Tips to Prevent Back Pain When Gardening or Working in the Yard – Part 1 - May 5, 2017
- Take The Time To Laugh - March 10, 2017
- Five Tips To Avoid A Total Knee Replacement - September 19, 2016
- 7 Health Benefits of Expressing Gratitude - September 12, 2016
- Sports season is here … avoid back pain with these tips - September 5, 2016
- Back Doctor in Norfolk – 3 Habits for Better Health - June 10, 2016
- How to Avoid the Super Bowl Flu - January 28, 2016
- David Wright fights spinal stenosis all the way to the World Series - October 29, 2015